Hi, just letting you know that all products recommended here have been used by me, or are properly researched to ensure they are the best you are getting without bias.
I am also an affiliate for certain Amazon products and this means that some links here are affiliate links. If you purchase an item through any of them, I MAY earn a commission at no extra cost on you.
The Aerogarden is an indoor hydroponic garden mostly marketed for people who do not have the space to grow their own garden, those who do not have the time to maintain one or those who enjoy the thrill of using one. This automated unit is designed to grow fruits and vegetables indoors without soil or excessive sunlight.
If you want to get one of this for ourself, you need to keep in mind that there are a few factors to consider before setling for a model of aerogarden. You do not want to buy one that won’t serve you the way you wanted. This post wiill be your buyer’s guide which you can follow to help make the right aerogarden choice and also two recommendations you can consider.
What to look out for when choosing an aerogarden
The seeds planted in your aerogarden will sprout until they become seedlings then the plants will be grow and get harvested. Your Aerogarden can help you grow fresh, healthy, organic food all year round and this means you need one that can do this well and serve you for long.
Here a few things you need to take into consideration when shopping for an Aerogarden in 2022:
The space you have available in your home to set up your aerogarden is an important factor when it comes to the choice of which to buy. Some aerogardens can take up a lot of space and the plants growing on them can even take up a lot more space when they start getting bigger. Before deciding on which to buy, ensure that the space you are setting aside for it is twice the size of the aerogarde (both height and width).
2. Choice of plants:
You need to consider what you want to grow and how much of it you want to grow too before choosing one. This is because some aerogardens can take or grow anything, while some are restricted to certain plants because of how tall and wide they can grow.
If you will be growing a lot of plant varieties, from herbs, vegetables, flowers and other plant products, you would probably need a big aerogarden that can take these without wearing it out fast. Alternatively, you can choose to buy more than one small-sized ones to use for all the varieties if you have the budget.
3. Size of family:
Just like the choice of plants you will grow, your family size is important in the size and type of aerogarden you would be buying. This is because, a huge family size would definitely require more harvevst to be made to comfortably feed everyone at all times. A small aerogarden may be enough to grow and harvest enough plants to feed a small family of 1-3 persons, but definitely not to serve an entire family of, say, 4 or more people. The latter would definitel get a bigger-sized aerogarden.
The quality and durability of the aerogarden you would be buying should be considered too. You need one that is made with quality materials that are sturdy and long-lasting. There is really no point getting one that would make you keep changing aerogardens every single time as a result of issues arising.
Getting an aerogarden that is durable enough to serve you for long would definitely pay off. They should be made with very durable materials that will guarantee a long lifespan of the device and stainless steel and plastic are the most common ones that can serve you well.
5. Amazing features
The aerogarden you choose should come with features that makes it fun, easy and convenient to use. It is usually suggested that you go for the ones that are fitted with the ‘Grow Anything Kit’ as the kit allows you to grow almost any plant in it as long as they can thrive in the unit. It should have the ‘Smart Garden System’ which can be easily programmed to inform you when water or nutrients should be added. There should also be an automatic light timer that works for at least sixteen hours in a continuos cycle and sets the light on and off when necessary.
Where the aerogarden happens to eve be Alexa compatible, it makes whole aerogardening an experience to remember since control is made possible leisurely. If this type of model can fit your budget, go for it and enjoy the experience as much as you can.
6. Easy to setup and use
Aerogardens are generally easy to setup use. However, it would do you more good if you get one of the easiest ones, especially if you are a busy person. They should come with an instructional manual that is easy to follow in a step by step process. You need one that you can work with even without complexities. Connections to the aerogarden app should be seamless, planting, growing and harvesting should also be easy.
Well, unless you really want to go all out to buy something really jaw-dropping, you might want to consider your budget to know which one your money can buy. No need eyeing something way above your budget when you can still stick to something fit for your pocket size and still get the desired results.
Sometimes, you would find two similar aerogarden models with one more expensive than the other. As long as they can both serve the same purpose and there is no serious difference, you can always go for the one that fits your pocket.
An Aerogarden model that offers money-back guarantee if there is a return, one that gives replacement when there is a problem, one that guarantees you its long life span, or even one that provides good customer support and warranty would pay you a lot better. This is because it can be frustratng if you run into an issue with your unit and there is no help whatsoever. You do not want that as it can get yu discouraged from continuing to use the aerogarden.
Which Aerogarden Should I Choose?
After careful considerations of the factors highlighted in the guide above, and you have finally decided that it is time to buy an aerogarden, the next and most important question is which aerogarden should you choose? That may sound like an easy question to answer until you get to the market (online or offline) to weigh your choices and you find out that their are too many options to choose from and they mark all the boxes you need.
To make this process easy for you, I took the time to research and select the very best aerogardens that tick all the required boxes and are very reliable, tested and trusted units you can even get from Amazon.
I picked the best from each category – size, budget, smart features and even fanciness. They would make your decision makng process a lot easier and faster and you can simply go ahead to order them through their attached links from Amazon:
With a garden this smart, the Aerogarden Elite allows you to plant your garden faster. It is wifi enabled, Alexa controlled and has smart features. and of course speedy plant growth that translates into quick harvest.
- It has nine pod gourmet herb seed pod kit and six-inch tall trellis. The seeds are all-natural and non-GMO which includes Genovese Basil (x2), Thai Basil, Curly Parsley, Italian Parsley, Thyme, Chives Dill, Mint.
- The energy-efficient 30watts LED Grow Lights deliver the perfect spectrum for fast growth & big harvests.
- This bounty elite is perfect for a variety of big harvests such as herbs, salads, tomatoes, peppers and more.
- It is Wifi enabled and Alexa compatible as the garden allows you to stay in control of the new features including a 3 step water level indicator, infinite dimming grow light, and sunrise/sunset auto light dimming.
- The smart garden technology automatically turns lights on and off to remind you of when to add water and liquid plant food.
- It guarantees a hundred per cent retention of flavour and freshness of all plants.
- This aerogarden is great for a wide variety of plants such as herbs, salads, peppers, tomatoes and so on.
When looking at budget and a small-sized aerogarden, don’t go too far, just stick to the Aerogarden Sprout Model. This aerogarden is small but delivers bountiful harvests of fresh herbs, tomatoes, fresh salad greens, etc, any time of the year! You can experience amazing plant growth with an aerogarden that has a sleek modern look, a silent pump and a simple soft-touch button to control lights and reset plant food reminders.
- You can grow up to 3 plants at a time and up to 10 inches tall.
- The 10-watt LED grow lights are high energy efficient full spectrum and can tune to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis and result in rapid, natural growth and an abundant harvest.
- It comes with a 3pod gormet herb seed kit containing Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, and Dill, and a 3oz bottle of aerogarden’s all natural plant nutrients.
- With this you are always garanteed hoegrown fresh and safe food options all year long regardless of seasons.
- Powered by an electric cord.
You can enjoy the magic of indoor gardening with this Bounty Basic Aerogarden. It has got amazing features for a gratifying growing experience and with it you can get fresh plants in-home all year-round through a simple and daily connection to what you grow. If your budget is fair enough and your family size is not too large, this is a good choice for you.
- You can grow up to 9 plants that are up to 24inches tall in this as it comes with a 9-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit.
- This smart garden sprouts your plants in days with a 100% germination guaranteed; it allows you harvest your plants in weeks and can last for months.
- It is simply great for large harvests of herbs, salads, peppers, tomatoes and lots more.
- The LED Grow Lights deliver the perfect spectrum for fast growth and big plant harvests and it automatically turns lights on and off and also reminds you of when to add water and liquid plant food.
- It is energy efficient with its 30 Watt LED grow lights.
- To ensure variety in the plants grown, it is fitted with nine seed pods and also has six-inch tall trellis with natural and non-GMO seeds.
Your large family can make their eating lifestyle a healthy one with fresh and locally sourced plants you can get all by yourself using the Aerogarden Farm 24.
- It can accommodate up to 24 plants that can grow up to 12 inches tall.
- This aerogarden includes a 24-pod seed kit. It is a mixture of heirloom greens, flavour-packed herbs, ripe, juicy cherry tomatoes and a 3oz bottle of patented, all-natural plant nutrients.
- The Aerogarden farm is enabled with Wi-Fi technology with a soft-touch control panel to make things a lot easier for you.
- It has control key hydroponics growing system features like turning lights on and off from your smart device via the free aerogarden app.
- With reminders sent right to your phone, you’ll never miss a watering or feeding of your plants, and you’ll have easy 1 touch posting to social media for showing off pictures of your lush and beautiful garden with friends and family.
- It has a very customer friendly after-purchase warranty in terms of sales.
This is an amzing choice for you if you are looking for more ease and convenience. It is easy t setup and use and almsot everything is on automation. Fresh vegetables and fruits grown from seeds, not from store-bought items, are more available to you and your family through this AeroGarden Ultra that promises to supply them just the way you need.
- It makes a great seed starter for your outdoor garden by delivering perfect light, water and nutrients for healthy starts.
- It is every easy to setup and use in just minutes without tools and comes with everything you need to start growing.
- There is an advanced, easy-to-use control panel has an interactive LCD that utilizes on-screen prompts to guide you step by step in setting up through harvest
- Your plants can germinate in just a few days and will be ready for harvesting in a few weeks. Plus, it will keep producing continuous harvests for up to 6 months and longer at one planting circle.
- It includes 3 high-performance, full-spectrum Compact Fluorescent Light Grow Lights to make plant growing a lot easier.
- It includes a 7-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit that contains Genovese Basil, Thai Basil, Chives, Cilantro, Curly Parsley, Dill and Mint.
If you still want to check out more options, you can go through this link on Amazon. There you would find durable and strong aerogarden models with long-lasting warranties.
To enjoy the best from an aerogarden, you need to be certain it is meeting your needs. Consider the size of it as the bigger the model, the more plants it can grow; consider the type of plants you will grow; the quality of the model is also important as well as the features and your budget.
With just the right aerogarden, you can enjoy long years of fresh green and organic foods for you are your family. It can also serve well for your succulents and flowers for decorations or other things you may need them for.